Euroeste in Brasil
Euroeste has its own project in the interior of the Brazilian state of Bahia, ready to be implemented.
Fazenda Saudável, with an approximate area of 4.000 hectares in an extension of 14 km, is located in the municipality of Barra, near the southern margin of river Rio Grande.
When the implementation of all stages is completed, Fazenda Saudável's agro-industrial complex should be a reference in the state of Bahia - producing corn, soybeans, cornmeal, vegetables, compound feed and pigs - and is expected to create 250 direct jobs.
Fazenda Saudável's first stage will occupy about 800 hectares, irrigated with pivot, and an industrial area that consists in cereal drying plan and grain storage silos with a capacity of 7.500 tons. With 800 irrigated hectares, two crops a year and reaching the expected production of 12 tons of corn and 4 tons of soybeans per hectare, the production potential of the first stage is 9.600 tons of corn and 3.200 tons of soy, annually.
After the implementation of the first stage is completed, the second stage, which consists of a pig production project, can start. The process will be executed judiciously, maximizing the production factors and the top technology used. The pig farm will be a unit with 1.400 sows, in a closed cycle, minimizing health problems and optimizing productivity, quality and efficiency levels.
At this stage, Fazenda Saudável's agro-industrial project will be increased by creating soybean extrusion lines, fuba (corn meal) production unit and feed factory:
- Soybean extrusion: with processing capacity up to 5.000 tons/year (per shift), it should allow the usage of 3.100 tons of soy as raw material in feed production;
- Fuba (corn meal) production: with processing capacity up to 5.000 tons/year (per shift), the yearly production of fuba (corn meal) should be 2.600 tons, with an additional 1.100 tons of gluten to be used in feed production.
- Feed production: with a processing capacity up to 10.000 tons/year (per shift), it will produce more than 11.000 tons yearly, allowing to feed the entire pig farm autonomously, resorting to the outside of the farm only to purchase premixes, supplementary vitamins and minerals.
Increasing the complex will ensure the production's verticalization, creating an integrated system that will enable Fazenda Saudável's sustainable development, leveraging the synergies between the various activities.
This stage includes the installation of over 700 pivot irrigated hectares and the doubling of the pig farm's capacity, through scale economies that benefit from the installed capacity of the cereal drying unit, the soybean extrusion line, the fuba (corn meal) production unit and the feed factory, wich allows to process the entire irrigated hectares' production.
Fazenda Saudável's fourth stage is the implementation of 100 hectares of vegetable crops with drop-by-drop irrigation system and the respective horticultural central. The production possibilities include, among others, melons, cantaloupe, tomatoes, peppers and aubergines.
The estimated investment for Fazenda Saudável's project, which includes all stages described above, is approximately R$95.000.000.
Project in Brazil:
- 1,500 ha of irrigated land for corn and soy production;
- 100 ha of drop-by-drop irrigation system for vegetables and fruits;
- Drying and storage unit for corn;
- Soybean extrusion plant and feed plant;
- Fuba (corn meal) plant;
- Horticultural and fruit central;
- Piggery with 1,400 breeding sows.